Balcanoona station (Homestead pictured above in 1930) on Adnyamathana lands operated as a sheep station from 1856 until 1980 when it was acquired to add to the National Park.
The Old Homestead viewed from the east
The Old Homestead, built by George Noble in about 1890, and showing 6 of Balcanoona’s inhabitants.
The Old Homestead viewed from the west
Balcanoona Station, showing the sheep yards and the shearing shed (approximately 1910)
The new Homestead about 1928
The old Homestead, about 1896
The woolpress, Balcanoona shearing shed
Inside the restored shearing shed