By-laws of the Friends of Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park Inc.
(These are statements of Corporate Memory; or what we have done in the past. They are not constraints on what we are able to do in the future.)
1. These by-laws may be changed at any meeting of the Committee of the Friends of Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park Inc. However the amount of the annual subscription is decided at the AGM.
2. An Individual membership costs $20 per annum. However, membership at the discounted rate of $10 is offered to the spouse or partner of a member. Nevertheless, spouses/partners may opt to each pay a $20 Individual membership, rather than the discounted rate. Dependent children of a member, are welcome at organised activities of the FoVGRNP. (The AGM of 11 Mar, 2022 agreed to this)
3. A membership, and hence voting rights, will expire if the annual membership fee remains unpaid after 31 March of that year.
4. A member who pays the annual subscription shall be eligible to vote in any AGM subsequent to their payment. (The AGM of 11 Mar, 2022 agreed to this)
5. A member who pays the membership fee after 1st October in any year will be deemed to be financial until December 31 of the following year. (Hence a new member may commence their membership with a subscription that lasts 15 months)
6. The committee may decide to award a membership to a person at the committee’s discretion. In effect, the committee “pays” for that person’s annual membership.
7. When an Adnyamathanha person applies for membership of the Friends, it may be granted by the Committee and paid for by the association.
Martin Caon, 19 January 2023 version